Dear Chicopee Hill’s Parents/Guardians,
Beginning March 23, 2020 (after March Break), we will be making changes on our school site to support safe arrival and dismissal of students. Consultations have happened on formal levels with the City of Kitchener and the Waterloo Region District School Board in order to make changes to the school’s traffic plan for safety purposes.
To help students and families understand the changes that will be taking place, we have created videos that outline the details. We encourage you to watch these videos so you too can be prepared for the changes and to support a smooth transition to the new entry and dismissal procedures.
Site Change Videos:
Key changes are as follows:
Please do not enter our school site until 3:30pm because there is no parking on site.
Kiss and Ride Zones
- There are now 2 Kiss and Ride Zones, one at the side of the school and one at the front of the school
- The side Kiss and Ride can be accessed from Fairway Rd.
- The front Kiss and Ride can be accessed from Lackner Blvd.
- Hand to hand drop off and pick up is no longer required
- Supervision will be in place to support this change
- The Kindergarten Play Area will be a parent free zone
- Parents may wait on the tarmac at the back of the school
- Kiss and Ride at the side of the school is available for Kindergarten students to use
- There will be no parking for Kindergarten parents on site
- Please pick up Kindergarten Kiss and Ride Passes starting on March 9, 2020
Bus Loading/Unloading Zone
- Moving to the front of the school
- No other vehicle traffic will be allowed in this area
- This area will be gated at all times with large metal gates
- There will be no through traffic on Chicopee Hills